The Calix Technical Assistance Center
The Calix Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week coverage by our staff of experienced System Engineers.
- During normal business hours: Use phone, FAX, or web for immediate assistance from the TAC. Normal business hours are 5:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday.
- After hours and on holidays: Contact the Calix TAC by phone and receive an immediate response from a Service Engineer for Severity 1 and 2 issues.
Contact the TAC Use the following methods to contact the TAC:
- Voice: 877-766-3500 (Press 3)* or 707-766-3500 (Press 3)*
- FAX: 707-283-3500
- Email: TechSupport@calix.com
- Calix Customer Center: www.calix.com
* Please contact Calix via phone for after hours support. Severity levels When you contact the Technical Assistance Center with an issue, a Calix System Engineer will assign your issue a severity level based on the following criteria:
- Severity Level 1: A network, node, or critical circuit is down, or there is a critical impact to the customer’s business operations. Calix will work around the clock (24×7) with the customer to resolve the problem.
- Severity Level 2: Operation of a network, node or critical circuit is severely degraded, or significant aspects of the customer’s business operation are being negatively impacted by unacceptable network performance. Calix and the customer will commit full-time resources during normal business hours to resolve the problem. A plan will be developed for appropriate after-hours actions.
- Severity Level 3: System operations are impaired, but with minimal performance impact. Calix and the customer will commit resources during normal business hours to resolve the problem.
- Severity Level 4: Customer requires information or assistance on the capabilities, installation, operation, administration, configuration, or capabilities of the Calix product. There is little or no impact to the customer’s business operation. Calix and the customer will designate appropriate resources during normal business hours to provide information or assistance as requested.
Technical escalation For each severity level, Calix Technical Assistance Center response times and engineering participation levels are: Owner Severity Level 1 Severity Level 2 Severity Level 3 Severity Level 4 2nd Level Technical Support Immediate 4 hours 8 hours 24 hours Sustaining Engineering 1 hour 8 hours 24 hours N/A Development Engineering 4 hours 24 hours N/A N/A Management escalation For each severity level, Calix management involvement response times are: Owner Severity Level 1 Severity Level 2 Severity Level 3 Severity Level 4 Manager, Technical Support Immediate 8 hours 24 hours 72 hours Director, Technical Service 1 hour 24 hours 48 hours N/A Executive Staff 8 hours 48 hours N/A N/A President/CEO 24 hours 96 hours N/A N/A
© Calix 2001-2004. All Rights Reserved
Powered by OutStart Evolution® 126.96.36.199-2