Telecommunications Engineer at Randstad Technologies
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of voice, data, and/or network communications systems. Monitors communications performance using diagnostic equipment, visual checking, and status indicator methods to locate problems. Interfaces with vendors on new technology and system updates.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handles customer requests for telecommunications support including: moves, adds, changes, repairs and inquiries.
• Troubleshoots major telecommunications issues.
• Identifies and manages telecommunications projects.
• Provides design and software support for voice mail, voice networks, and video systems.
• Manages vendor activities and verifies expenses relating to day-to-day support requirements.
• Participates on project teams for larger telecommunications project initiatives and periodically takes a lead project role.
• Defines and updates departmental telecommunications documentation and databases.
• Audits telecommunications expenses and may recommend expense reduction initiatives.
• Provides customer liaison role for day-to-day support activities and/or critical telecommunications functions.
• Proposes technical network and equipment system solutions for customer business requirements or cost reductions.
• Writes business correspondence for recommendations, project support, and customer service purposes.
• Conducts customer meetings and one-on-one presentations regarding applicable communications systems.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
• Requires good working knowledge of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
• Basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/connectivity
• Requires documentation and telecommunications software administration skills
• Skill in troubleshooting/diagnostic tools and software installation and maintenance
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
• For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear
• For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height)
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
• The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate
• The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload
• Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
• Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time
Vendor Relationship :Manager
FEP Data Architect Sr Advisor
IT Security Auditor