Duration: 6 months contract
Construction Quality Control Engineer
This position is responsible for the implementation and oversight ofthe Contractor’s Quality Control Program, including the coordination, performance and execution of construction documentationpackages, construction inspection and testing services for the project. The QC Engineer will be responsible for assuring thatthe quality of the work meets or exceeds the project’s contractual requirements, and maintains the standard of excellenceestablished by the Harris Corporation Team.
Professional Engineering License, Stateof California [preferred of advantage]
Degree in engineering or construction, engineering, construction management.
Minimum 5 -8years experience in construction, engineering, telecoms related services.
Minimum 5 -8 years experience in the management ofquality control & quality assurance programs of similar size and type.
Construction Quality Management Certifications[preferred]
Quality documentation, control, testing and inspection experience for general construction,electrical, building services. Advantage if telecoms and railway experience additionally.
Management of a quality controlprogram for a civil and services construction project.
Ability to work with and communicate effectively with subcontractors,
Ability to coordinate and manage inspection staffand inspection and testing subcontractors.
Ability to record and organize all necessary documentation to memorialize theimplementation, maintenance and effectiveness of the Quality Control Program.
Ability to speak clearly and exercise goodjudgment.
Ability to work under pressure.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The Quality Control Manager willfollow other instructions and perform other related duties as requested by the Project Manager.
Ensure all work meetsor exceeds the contract specifications and standard of excellence.
Ensure all materials meet or exceed the contractspecifications.
To be able to document, monitor, track, and submit laboratory data.
Coordinate and schedule field testing andperformance QA/QC inspections.
Monitor daily construction activities and materials delivered to the site.
Review all specialinspection and material testing perform by third parties.
Document all inspection and testing in QC reports
Or (Combination ofboth is ideal)
Construction Project Engineer Job Description
Completes engineeringprojects by organizing and controlling project elements.
• Develops project objectives by reviewingproject proposals and plans; conferring with management.
• Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases andelements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
• Determines project specifications bystudying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing costestimates.
• Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
• Determines project schedule by studying projectplan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
• Maintains project schedule by monitoringproject progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
• Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, andplan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
• Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractorcontracts.
• Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommendingactions.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying withfederal and state regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, ProcessImprovement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
BA or BS degree
10 years of experience
Design Build Project experience a +