Director of Business Development and Strategy to work in Mahwah, New Jersey
As a global leader in the development of orthopaedic products and services, Stryker is committed to researching and developing new ways to address people’s needs — including introducing new materials that make replacement joints feel and act more like the natural joint. We bring patients and physicians products that make orthopaedic surgery and recovery simpler, faster, and more effective. This fast paced role orchestrates Orthopaedics Group strategy, strategic planning and business development activities to assist in the advancement of the financial growth of the Orthopaedics Group.
- Lead business development processes for the Orthopaedics Group and drive alignment with corporate processes. Analyze process guidance and drive improvement to ensure optimum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strategically partner with the Group President, Group CFO, Division Presidents and Division Business Development leaders to act as a single interface between Corporate and Group for Group-wide enterprise activities.
- Provide guidance on deal structure and deal terms in line with business objectives. Review transactions including negotiations with third parties, overseeing the drafting of related agreements, integration, planning and securing internal and external approvals. On larger deals, lead the negotiation to obtain the best terms. Improve the sequencing, formatting and overall deal flow for the divisions; implement the project and transition smoothly to project team in support of Division Presidents, CFOs and business development leaders.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of all transaction documentation and associated project management– Indication of Interest requests, capital requests, presentations, due diligence reports, communications at board of director level and supports capital committee preparation.
- Facilitate group alignment with company-wide initiatives, providing strategic insight and support as well as ensuring alignment with overall group strategy and vision.
- Lead development of Group strategic plan deliverables as well as facilitate Group alignment with company-wide initiatives.
- Coach and mentor his or her team of direct reports and their subordinates.
- Miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Stryker is currently seeking a Sr. Director of Business Development and Strategy to work in Mahwah, New Jersey
- Bachelor’s degree in business (marketing, management, etc.) or a technical field from a nationally credited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience in strategy planning & business development within the Medical Devices industry.
- Demonstrated success leading a high performing organization.